Building skills and confidence through creativity
At Rising Stars North West, we understand the power of creativity. We work with young people in some of Greater Manchester’s most deprived areas, using creative skills and interactive workshops to:
- Build confidence and self-worth
- Boost literacy and numeracy levels
- Give young people transferable skills
- Drive young people towards employment
- Develop social, emotional and communication skills
- Bring young people, families and communities together
Employment opportunities for young people
Young people in Greater Manchester and beyond are facing so many hurdles in today’s society:
- High rates of youth poverty
- Increasing levels of long-term youth unemployment
- University tuition fees that are out of many young people’s reach
Rising Stars North West is about giving young people in Greater Manchester the tools to overcome these obstacles.
Creative employment for young people
By helping young people in Greater Manchester to learn and develop creative skills, we’re preparing them to go out and seek employment in the creative sector.
From promotion to production, design to dance, and fashion to filmography, the creative industry is still one of the fastest-growing employment sectors in the UK.
So while our interactive workshops for young people might sound like a lot of fun – and they are! – they’re also an invaluable tool for young people looking to take their first steps into a job.
Want to know more about Rising Stars North West?
Find out more about Rising Stars North West and our music, media and creative opportunities for young people across Greater Manchester.
Simply fill out the contact form and a member of our team will get back to you.